The Power of Poison
On view February 7 – May 3, 2015*
From the pages of fairytales to the journals of modern medicine, the story of poison is surprising at every turn. Join the investigation to uncover the secrets of poison while exploring its role in nature, myth and human health. This new special exhibition creates an engaging and immersive environment through the use of interactives, models, multimedia and live animals.
- Poison in Nature: Learn about toxic animals and plants in a remote Columbian forest, where poisons are just one of the many tools in an organism’s struggle to survive.
- Poison in Literature: Find out which familiar tales of illness, enchantment or death by poison contain kernels of truth.
- Detecting Poison: Play detective with an engaging live show that delves into some of history’s most intriguing poisoning cases, then try to solve a case yourself in a hands-on investigation that puts your inner sleuth to the test.
- Poison for Good: From fatal dosages to life-saving drugs, discover how some poisons have become critical players in the advancement of new medicines.
- Story Corner: Fernbank has created a special immersive story corner just for our younger visitors. Filled with a variety of props, books and a puppet theater, children will enjoy acting out the myths, fairy tales and legends depicted in the exhibit.
Admission to The Power of Poison is included with Museum admission and is FREE for members.